Get Your Home Ready To Sell: 20 Things That Will Make Your Home Seem Like New
You've already been in talks with your realtor. Your open house is coming up in the next month or two...and you think it's ready. But here is a list to go over to make sure your home is truly ready to be showed and sold. It's all in the details, and we tried to think of the ones you would most likely forget. If you do this whole list, your home will be show ready and primed for buyers. Who knows, you might even see your home in a whole new light and decide to stay.
Let's Beautify Your Home:
1) Edge, mow, and fertilize the lawn. Reseed sparse areas.
2) Trim hedges, weed lawns and flowerbeds, and prune trees. Cut back overgrown shrubbery.
3) Reseal cracks in the foundation, steps, walkways, walls, and patios. Power-wash the exterior.
4) Clean and align gutters and downspouts; clean the chimney.
5) Remove oil stains from the driveway and garage. Keep walks and driveway swept or free of ice.
6) Wash the windows inside and out.
7) Hire a cleaning service to thoroughly clean the interior.
8) Paint the walls and ceilings off white or beige.
9) Repair cracks, holes, and damage to plaster, wallboard, wallpaper, paint, and tiles.
10) Replace damaged windowpanes, moldings, and woodwork.
11) Repair drippy faucets and showerheads. Unclog slow drains.
12) Shampoo carpets, scrub, and wax linoleum or wood floors.
13) Clean out the fireplace and lay some logs in it.
14) Mend torn screens. Clean out all window tracks.
15) Replace burned-out light bulbs. Use brighter light bulbs.
16) Renail creaking boards or stairs; lubricate squeaking doors.
17) Clean all appliances (especially refrigerator and oven).
18) Replace old toilet seats and shower curtains.
19) Clear all cobwebs from corners and doorways.
20) Wash all light switches, handrails, and doorknobs.
If you complete all of these, your home will do more than impress. Make sure you leave yourself enough time to get each of these done. For example, give your grass time to grow over and become lush and green for your open houses.
If you are ready to sell your home, reach out to Nancy! She can even help connect you with the right people to get your home sell ready, professionally photographed, staged, and whatever is necessary to sell your home.